Sunday, January 16, 2011

Psalm 119


So I want to commit to blogging at least once but hopefully twice a week or 3 times if I want to beat Emily, but its not about that...It will be pointless if I have nothing good to say right?

Anyway I just want to say something real quick about Psalm 119, its pretty much the longest chapter in the Bible, but I think its probably one of the greatest and maybe its the longest because God really wanted us to totally take this in.

It talks about loving God's law, keeping his commands, and finding joy in his decrees. On one hand I would say no way like how is that freedom? But deeper thought about it says It would be stupid not to take our freedom and love God's word with it. God's word, his command and decrees are only given to help us live, better! Reading through Psalm may take a while and seem redundant after while, but its God saying "I love you, I love you, I love you." And how can we not still not understand? --most of the time I don't even want to read...and suddenly I get a revelation of his love for me, and it so crazy that God would love, provide for me. He wants the same for all of us. I pray that God would give me and you indescribable passion and understanding of His word.

Ps 119:59 I pondered the direction of my life, and I turned to follow your laws.

119:27 Truly I love your commands more than gold, even finest gold.

119:103 How sweet your words taste to me, they are sweeter than honey.

119:105 Your word is a lamp unto my feet, and light unto my path.

119:165 Those who love God's instruction have great peace and do not stumble.


Live it.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, totally corelates w what I'm fasting for and were discussing in small group, loving God's commands and being obedient out of love for him not out of habit or religion.

    ReplyDelete