Friday, April 29, 2011

Get some!

I want to share with you real quick what God has been teaching me. I read this verse...

Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone—especially to those in the family of faith. Gal 6:10

I thought to myself, often times I will help out people that I think need help, usually people who I consider myself better than. And its usually more like when I feel i have time to take the opportunity. If the opportunity rises and i'm busy I think thats not for me. But what if when I have the opportunity (which is all the time) I did good to people because I wanted to and because its how I would want others to treat me. Life would be great, right? I struggled with the second half of the verse too. it says to help everyone and especially those in the faith fam. I always thought it was all about unsaved people. If I jump to help unsaved people and step back when it comes to my fellow christians, thats wrong. I guess sometimes I think there are other christians to help those who are christians, how dumb is that? God wants all everyone to be blessed. When I bless others God blesses me ten times over, so why not! This has also brought me to wonder if i dont feel like helping other christians because I compare myself to them. Maybe I dont want them to be better off than me. Then God hit the nail on the head right when I read this...

Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won’t need to compare yourself to anyone else. For we are each responsible for our own conduct. Gal 6:4-5

How awesome is that? Some are good at things, different people are good at other things. But If I do what I am good at, what God has called me to do, help who he says to help and pay attention to my own stuff... Life would be more simple.


I also just want to remind you guys that ...

God is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins. He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding. (Eph 1:7-8) So if you need some, like I do, GET SOME!

1 comment:

  1. Totally can relate. I overlook helping Christians because I think "God has them" which he obviously does, but he might want to do it through me, especially since he's a relational God!

    ReplyDelete